Oct 31, 2014
FORMULA 3 / GOLD STAR TITLE TO BE DECIDED AT NATIONALS ROUNDS IN 2015
THE FORMULA 3 Australian Drivers Championship will join the Shannons Australian Motor Racing Nationals exclusively in 2015.
A seven round championship, commencing at Sandown in March, will see the championship tackle the best ‘wings and slicks’ circuit in Australia – Phillip Island in Victoria - twice as well as visiting key locations in New South Wales, South Australia and Queensland throughout the year.
Formula 3 was a foundation category of the Shannons Nationals in 2006. Formula 3 Management is looking forward to working with the Nationals and enjoying the benefits of cost-effective motor racing, TV, internet streaming coverage and significantly more flexible event scheduling and race distances in 2015.
Additional key factors built into the 2015 schedule include;
- Full TV coverage from every round of the championship on SBS TV and FOX Sports
- Live internet streaming of every round of the championship via Nationals TV and the MotorsportsTV app.
- A predominantly East-coast based schedule to allow for teams to reduce travel time and expenditure.
- Three rounds to be contested at Australia’s best and fastest ‘wings and slicks’ circuits - Phillip Island and Sydney Motorsport Park.
- Two rounds in NSW and one in QLD to assist state level Formula 3 competitors based in those states to compete in national rounds or in the Kumho Cup rounds.
- A marquee finale’ at Wakefield Park that will be the headline category of the circuit’s Shannons Nationals round next October.
The Wakefield Event will be known as the ‘City of Goulburn Cup’ with full details and a unique race format to be confirmed at a later date.
Long-time Formula 3 official tyre supplier and major sponsor, Kumho Tyre Australia, will continue to support the championship into 2015.
The F3ADC will be decided this weekend at the 2014 Shannons Nationals’ finale’ at Sydney Motorsport Park in New South Wales with Team BRM’s Simon Hodge and McDonald’s Gilmour Racing driver Ben Gersekowski to battle for the 58th CAMS Gold Star award.
2015 FORMULA 3 AUSTRALIAN DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIP for the CAMS Gold Star
Round 1 – Sandown Raceway (VIC) March 27-29
Round 2 – Mallala Motorsport Park (SA) April 17-19
Round 3 – Phillip Island (VIC) May 22-24
Round 4 – Sydney Motorsport Park (NSW) July 3-5
Round 5 – Queensland Raceway (QLD) August 7-9
Round 6 – Phillip Island (VIC) September 18-20
Round 7 – Wakefield Park (NSW) October 16-18*
* City of Goulburn Cup - Marquee Round